POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : clock vs spline : clock vs spline Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  clock vs spline
From: Dennis Miller
Date: 5 Mar 2003 08:29:02
Message: <3e65fb9e$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to correlate the position of the camera relative to the clock
when I use a spline to translate the camera. The code is as follows:
 #declare MySpline =
  spline {
    cubic_spline
    -.25, <0,0,-1>
    0.00, <3,.1,-5>
    0.25, <0,.2,-15>
    0.50, <-2,.3,-5>
    0.75, <0,.1,1>
   1.00, <.5,1,-1>
   1.25, <0,0,-8> }

camera {
  location 0
  direction <0, 0, 3.5>
  right <(3/2), 0, 0>
  up <0, 1, 0>
translate MySpline(clock) }

If I were to set the Initial_Clock to say, .50 and the Final_Clock to .75,
can I assume that the camera would be translated to those specific points in
the spline declaration (<-2,.3,-5> and <0,.1,1>)? In other words, will the
camera move along the spline path in synchrony with the value of the clock?

Thanks much,
Dennis

--

dhm### [at] attbicom